As of July 1st 2006, non-RoHS compatible CE products may no longer be brought to market. The EU’s RoHS Directive came into effect on January 2, 2013. This directive, among other things, regulates the transition period of RoHS exempt products. It definitively includes cables.
For all products within the scope of RoHS2 brought to market after July 1st 2006, we guarantee to our customers that, to the best of our knowledge, we have and will exclusively manufacture and introduce to market RoHS compatible products. For all products introduced after January 2nd, 2013, we offer a CE Declaration of Conformity which is available to you upon request and which covers the RoHS conformity.
Since a complete, analytical RoHS compliance review of all components and parts from all suppliers for each individual production run is almost completely impossible, the information we provide is based on our confidence in our suppliers and their RoHS declaration of conformity as well as on the RoHS test laboratory reports.
Please note that, for legal reasons, we have not released anything regarding this assurance exceeding the general RoHS declaration of conformity.
REACH Directive – Chemicals Regulation
The EU Chemicals Regulation REACH directive stipulates an information obligation we need to fulfil in case products we supply contain more than 0.1% by weight SVHC (Substances of Very High Concern).
Please note that REACH does not represent a ban for any products distributed by Lindy, but rather exclusively constitutes an information obligation.
As soon as product relevant information is available to us, we will notify the supply chain of the concerned products according to the REACH guidelines.
General Information: For cables which are produced in China it cannot be assumed that the quality of the raw materials remains identical from production batch to production batch. We highlight that in PVC cables, it is possible that SVHC substances may unintentionally be contained in concentrations above 0.1% by weight. This especially applies to the following substances which are typically found in PVC Cables:
This applies not only to stand-a-lone PVC cables, but also to PVC cables which are permanently attached to equipment or supplied as an in box accessory.
Not affected by this general issue are Halogen-Free cables and cables explicitly named as non-PVC, such as PU/PE.
The expert opinion of Lindy-Elektronik GmbH [a limited liability company], and Lindy Australia Pty Ltd on the use of conflict materials
The American (Dodd-Frank Act) Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act has been in effect since July 2010. First and foremost, this reform serves the US financial market rights. It details the disclosure and reporting obligations for companies publicly traded in the US regarding the use of certain raw materials which originate from the Democratic Republic of Congo or their neighbouring nations. These “conflict materials,” are tantalum, tin, gold and tungsten. The goal is to contain the handling of “conflict materials” which originate from the mines in these countries and the financing of the local armed conflicts. These disclosure obligations must first take place by May 31, 2014 for products which were manufactured in the year 2013.
LINDY-Elektronik GmbH and Lindy Australia Pty Ltd are not subject to the registration and disclosure obligations of the Dodd-Frank Act.
Even so, we are striving to support our customers directly affected by the Dodd-Frank Act. At the moment, it is not possible for us to make a practical statement due to complex supply chains; nevertheless, we are concerned about fair handling with our suppliers.
Furthermore, a decision of the Federal Court of Justice of the District of Columbia has existed since April 14, 2014 which nullifies a portion of the “Security and Exchange Commission” regulation on disclosure obligations (opinion of the court)
Modern Slavery Act 2015: Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
On October 29th 2015 the Modern Slavery Act 2015 came in to effect introducing a number of measures to combat slavery and human trafficking. In addition to creating new criminal offences, powers of enforcement and measures to protect victims, it introduces requirements intended to eliminate slavery and trafficking in global supply chains.
Despite not directly falling within the scope of this legislation, based on the turnover threshold, Lindy Australia Pty Ltd still aims to comply with the Modern Slavery Act. Lindy Australia Pty Ltd is committed to understanding all potential modern slavery risks related to its business and to put in place steps that are aimed at ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in its corporate activities and its global supply chains.
- New Products
- Cables & AdaptersAudio & VideoBest SellerPremium HDMI High Speed Cable, 2m$14.50 ex. GST$15.95 inc. GSTDisplayPort to HDMI Adapter$22.68 ex. GST$24.95 inc. GST
- Audio & VideoBest SellerPremium HDMI High Speed Cable, 2m$14.50 ex. GST$15.95 inc. GSTDisplayPort to HDMI Adapter$22.68 ex. GST$24.95 inc. GST
- USB & ThunderboltUSB ConvertersBest SellerUSB 2.0 Active Extension Cable Pro, 8m$45.41 ex. GST$49.95 inc. GSTUSB 2.0 Active Extension Cable, 5m$22.68 ex. GST$24.95 inc. GST
- NetworkingCabinets & AccessoriesNetwork Cables, Adapters & ConnectorsBest SellerCAT6a SSTP LS0H Patch Cable, Blue, 3m$14.50 ex. GST$15.95 inc. GSTRJ-45 CAT6a Female/Female Line Coupler$14.50 ex. GST$15.95 inc. GST
- KVM Switches & ExtendersBest Seller2 Port KVM Switch Compact HDMI & USB$117.27 ex. GST$129.00 inc. GST4 Port KVM Switch Classic HDMI, USB 2.0 & Audio$180.91 ex. GST$199.00 inc. GST
- Components & ToolsBest SellerHook & Loop Cable Tie Roll, Black, 25m$36.32 ex. GST$39.95 inc. GST2 Port FireWire PCIe Card$80.91 ex. GST$89.00 inc. GST
- PowerPower AccessoriesBest SellerPower Cable 3-pin Plug to IEC C13 Socket, 3m$9.95 ex. GST$10.95 inc. GSTHi-Temp Power Cable, IEC C14 to IEC C15, 2m$15.41 ex. GST$16.95 inc. GST
- AccessoriesLaptop AccessoriesSecurityBest SellerUSB Port Blocker, 10 Pack, Colour Code: Blue$22.68 ex. GST$24.95 inc. GSTUSB Port Blocker, 10 Pack, Colour Code: Red$22.68 ex. GST$24.95 inc. GST
- Special Offers